Dr. Warren Magnus
I am the Medical Director of the AHF Healthcare Centers: Las Vegas and North Las Vegas. I spent a number of years practicing community medicine in Las Vegas. I had always had HIV patients as part of my practice and found that often other providers were either too intimidated or just not well enough educated on HIV to be comfortable caring for those patients.
In Las Vegas, there has always been a shortage of providers well versed in the care of HIV and related conditions so when an opportunity presented with AHF, I was glad to join the team. At AHF, I get to practice the best medicine possible for my patients. I get to practice with patients who are people that I am lucky to know. I am proud of the work we do and honored to get to be a part of my patient's lives.
Fun Fact: Sometimes, I think of myself as a nerd on the DL. I grew up on a literary diet of hard science fiction and worked in the 80s and 90s with computers. In fact, I helped put a company together during the Internet Bubble that eventually sold to Google for $150 million. Sadly, the buyout came long after my departure and by that time my shares of the company were worth only nine dollars. Now, I still dabble in software but it's more as a hobby than anything else.
About AHF Healthcare Center – Las Vegas & North Las Vegas
The Las Vegas & North Las Vegas offices are filled with great employees that strive to deliver our mission everyday: providing cutting-edge medicine and advocacy regardless of ability to pay. These clinics are an accepting place to patients from all backgrounds where anybody can feel welcome. We strive to meet the needs of our patients so they can live happy and productive lives.
Medical Groups & Plans
We accept – Ryan White and many insurance plans, please call to validate yours.
Training, Certifications, and Licensing
Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1996
University of North Texas
- Magnus, Warren W. “Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)”, statpearls.com https://statpearls.com. 2016. Updated 2017, 2018.
- Moczarski, Paul and Magnus, Warren W. “Cervical Strain”, emedicine.com https://www.emedicine.com. 2009. Revised 2010, 2013. WebMD
- Shum, Natalie T. and Magnus, Warren W. “Cervical Strain”, emedicine.com https://www.emedicine.com. 2006. WebMD
- Magnus, Warren W. "Cervical Strain", Emergency Medicine Online Textbook <https://www.emedicine.com>. 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002 Boston Medical Publishing.
- Magnus, Warren W. Abstract. "Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine: Student Attitudes Before and After Intensive Clinical Exposure". 1999 Yearbook of Chiropractic.
- Magnus, W.W. And Gamber, R.G. "Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment: Student Attitudes Before and After Intensive Clinical Exposure", JAOA, February 1997, 97:2, 109-113
- Treadwell, R.C. And Magnus, W.W. "Sacral Shear: Review And A New Treatment Method For Obstetrical Patients", JAAO, Spring 1996
- Magnus, Warren. "Peer-to-Peer", INFOWorld, October 17, 1994;July 11, 1994;September 27, 1993
- J.T. Arnold, T.O. Bayraktaroglu, R.G. Brown, C.R. Heiermann, W.W. Magnus, A.B. Ohman, and R.G. Landolt (PI), Hypochlorite-Induced Substitution of Chlorine for Bromine in Aromatic Compounds, J. Org Chem,1992, 57, 391-393
“Primary Care of LGBT Patients”, Nevada Academy of Family Physicians, 7/2017 “HIV/AIDS: Where were we then? Where are we now? Where are we going?”, Symposium/VA Southern Nevada, 2/2019
American Academy of HIV Medicine
Michigan State University
Garden City, MI
License Issuing State
Years in Practice